Keuna Flax earns WBCA All-American Honorable Mention

(LILBURN, Ga.) – Junior forward Keuna Flax earned honorable mention honors on the WBCA Division II Coaches’ All-America Team, announced by the WBCA on Monday.
Flax picks up her second All-American honor this season, after finishing the year as the MIAA’s leading scorer, averaging 19.7 points per game.
Flax became the second All-American for Central Missouri in the past two seasons last week, when she earned Daktronics All-American Second Team honors. With the WBCA All-American award, the Haltom City, Texas native becomes just the fourth player in Jennies basketball history to earn spots on two All-America teams in the same season, and the first since 1997-98.
She led the Jennies to a 24-6 record, recording the most wins in a season since 1989-90, and a second place finish in both the MIAA regular season and MIAA Tournament. The Jens also reached the NCAA Tournament for the third time in the last four years. Flax led the team in scoring, as well as field goal percentage (50.5%). She finished among the top ten in the MIAA in rebounding (7.7 rpg) and blocked shots (1.4 bpg), as well as minutes played (33.0 mpg).
Flax was also a First Team All-MIAA selection this season, and was named to the MIAA All-Tournament Team after helping lead the Jennies to a MIAA championship game appearance in Kansas City.