UCM Greek Life Prepares for Greek Week

Members+of+Theta+Chi+fraternity+and+Gamma+Phi+Beta+sorority+practice+their+step+routine+in+Hendricks+Hall.+A+step+competition+will+take+place+during+greek+week+and+contribute+to+the+winning+groups+overall+scoring.+
Photo by Braeden Sholes
Members of Theta Chi fraternity and Gamma Phi Beta sorority practice their step routine in Hendricks Hall. A step competition will take place during greek week and contribute to the winning group’s overall scoring.

Throughout March, the University of Central Missouri’s Greek chapters have begun preparations for their annual Greek Week, which will start the first week of April. With only a few days left until Greek Week kicks off, many Greek chapters are deep into preparations for Greek Week events. 

“Greek Week is about getting together with other Greek life chapters on campus that you would otherwise never talk to,”  said senior Kole Hines.

According to UCM’s Panhellenic Interfraternity Council, Greek Week runs very similar to the annual fall Homecoming celebration. In the same way, the annual Spring event has several events and competitions held throughout a week’s time frame. Greek Week activities include a step competition, pickleball, rock climbing, cornhole and additional activities. Many students see Greek Week as an opportunity for bonding with others. 

“We [Theta Chi] have been working on our step dance since teams were announced [on Feb. 19] in addition to figuring out what other events other people are doing,” Hines said.