Keuna Flax makes Daktronics All-Central Region First Team

(MARYVILLE, Mo.) – Junior forward Keuna Flax was named to the Daktronics NCAA Division II All-Central Region First Team, after leading the Central Missouri Jennies to a 22-4 regular season record and an appearance in the upcoming NCAA Tournament.
Flax finished the regular season with the MIAA’s scoring title, averaging 19.6 points per game; the Haltom City, Tex. native earned unanimous All-MIAA First Team honors as well as MIAA All-Tournament Team honors as the Jennies reached the MIAA Tournament championship game. Flax helped lead the Jens to a No. 2 seed in the NCAA Central Regional tournament, which begins Friday in Topeka, Kan.
The junior has scored 20 or more points in 12 games for the Jennies this year, including the semifinal and final matchup at the MIAA Tournament against Fort Hays State and Emporia State. Her career high came against Central Oklahoma on Feb. 7, where Flax scored 30 points in the win. She is also one of the better rebounders in the league, with an average of 7.6 rebounds per game, 7th best in the MIAA. She has collected eight double-doubles on the year, including two straight entering the regional tourney.
With her First Team award, Flax will be included on the ballot for the Daktronics NCAA Division II All-America Team, to be announced later this month.