Ask, Listen

Take an interest in the lives of loved ones

My father Jeremy Leary was born in June of 1973. He is one of my best friends. Somehow, I always knew he had a different childhood and had not lived a very traditional life.

My interview with my father has provided a unique glimpse into a life marked by perseverance and transformation. His story serves as a source of inspiration, highlighting the value of family, the pursuit of one’s passions and the wisdom gained through life’s experiences.

He lost his father at a young age due to a car accident, lived in five different states, lived in 16 different homes, and went to six different schools before graduating highschool in 1991.

He’s worked a wide variety of jobs that include over the road truck driver, working in the medicine, and ammunition production specialist manufacturing explosive ammunition for the US military. His unusual and winding history in life, in my opinion, makes him fascinating.

He isn’t the kind of guy that normally would get to tell his story as he just sees himself as an average person trying to get by and provide for his family.

I had the privilege of delving into the life journey of my father, Jeremy Leary. His story is a testament to resilience, adaptability, and the pursuit of a better future.

From a rocky early life marked by loss and constant movement to a series of diverse career paths, my father’s experiences have shaped him into the person he is today.

During his early years, the loss of his father at a young age forced him to adapt to frequent moves and instability. Yet, with the support of our grandparents, he found stability and completed high school in 1991.

The birth of his first child, Seth, marked a turning point, leading him to reassess his priorities. His career journey reflects his determination to provide for his family and find fulfillment in his work. From rehabilitating veterans, working in ammunition production. Health issues brought about by stress and a congenital heart condition prompted further career changes, ultimately leading him to become an over-the-road truck driver, a job that fulfills his love for travel.

As my father looks to the future, he emphasizes the importance of cherishing life’s simple moments, such as witnessing his children’s achievements and embracing the joys of being a grandfather.

His advice about recognizing and responding to life’s wake-up call moments resonates deeply, reminding myself to be adaptable, resilient, and willing to change course when needed.

The opportunity of talking with my father, learning about his journey and how much it has to do with my own was truly an inspiring privilege I strongly believe all people should accomplish.