WMMC Auxiliary awards $6,000 in scholarships

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) — The Western Missouri Medical Center Auxiliary board recently awarded six $1,000 scholarships to local students.
This year’s recipients are La Toya Anderson, Bachelor of Science in nursing at the University of Central Missouri; Kaci English, a 2016 graduate of Warrensburg High School earning a Bachelor of Science in nursing at UCM; Jennifer Evert, Bachelor of Arts in communication and health care management at Ottawa University; Alicia Krug, Bachelor of Science in nursing and Bachelor of Arts in Spanish at UCM; Kathryn Smith, a 2016 graduate of Warrensburg High School earning a Bachelor of Arts in psychology at the University of Missouri in Kansas City; and Allison Steelman, Doctor of Nursing Practice Program at UMKC.
The WMMC Auxiliary sponsors the Health Care Career Scholarships for students who are pursuing or furthering their education in the health care field. Recipients are selected by the WMMC Auxiliary Scholarship Committee based on financial need, scholastic ability, work plans and a demonstrated interest in health care.
Donations can be made to the WMMC Auxiliary for the Health Care Career Scholarship Fund and sent to WMMC Auxiliary, 403 Burkarth Road, Warrensburg, MO 64093.