Shopping spree for free

PHOTO BY ANDREA LOPEZ

By SHELBY BILBRUCK
Columnist

Shopping for new clothes is one of my favorite activities, but with a college budget, finding cute, quality clothes in my price range can be hard. That’s why I’ve chosen to get them for free.

There are freebies and giveaways everywhere. All you have to do is enter them and wait for your first win.

Think of your favorite fashion magazines. Chances are they’re filled with giveaways. Flip through the pages and keep an eye out for words like freebie, giveaway and sweepstakes, then follow their instructions on how to enter.

You’ll most likely have to enter online, so while you’re already on the Internet entering a giveaway, you might as well browse the web for more.

Social media is a great way to find giveaways. If you want to win a new hat, type “hat giveaway” in the search bar and watch all of the tweets and posts including those words pop up on your screen.

You can make it more specific and include the brand you’re looking for or the style of clothing you want to win.

You can also search for giveaways this way directly from Google. If you do this, always include the deadline date you want so you don’t end up only finding giveaways that have already ended.

For example, if I’m trying to win a Coach purse, I’d type “Coach purse giveaway deadline March 2016” into Google so that only giveaways that end this month are shown.

There are also sites dedicated only to giveaways. Giveaway Center and Giveaway Promote are perfect examples of that.

On each site, you can choose their clothing and accessories option and see all of the giveaways they have available at the time.

The biggest tip for winning giveaways is to keep a notebook of which ones you enter and when it ends. Most wait for you to claim what you won and only give you a certain amount of time to do so before they choose another winner.

Also, be prepared to follow a lot of new companies on social media, as it’s usually one of the ways to get another entry into their giveaway.

Make entering giveaways your new shopping spree and start winning the clothes you want today!