Migdal claims individual national title, Mules third at NCAA Championships

Sam Migdal became the first player in Mules golf history Wednesday to claim the individual national championship.

(CONOVER, N.C.) — Sam Migdal fired a final round three-under par 68 on Wednesday to finish at eight-under par and claim the individual national title at the NCAA Championships at Rock Barn Golf & Spa.
The Mules shot a final round 285 and finished at six over par and tied for third place as a team to qualify for the match play portion of the championships.
Migdal birdied three straight holes and four of the final six on the front nine for a 31. He finished one-over par on the back nine for a 68 to claim the individual title by three strokes. He becomes the first player in Mules golf history to claim the individual national championship. He fired rounds of 66, 71 and 68 en route to the title.
Alex Springer shot an even par 71 on Wednesday, carding four birdies and four bogeys in the round. He finished at even par for the championships and in a tie for 14th place. Travis Mays was two-over par in the final round to finish at plus-nine for the tournament and in a tie for 50th place.
Cy Moritz shot a final round 73 as well and finished in a tie for 60th at 11-over par. Teddy Jones finished off his tournament with a four-over par 75 to finish at 14-over for the championships and tied for 70th.
The Mules finished in a tie for third with St. Leo, but earned the third seed for the match play portion of the championships by virtue of a tiebreaker. Lynn University finished first overall at one-over par, five shots ahead of UCM. Nova Southeastern was three-over par and in second place.
The Mules will square off with sixth-seeded South Carolina-Aiken in the first round of match play on Thursday at 8:30 a.m. Other first round match play matchups include:
No. 1 Lynn vs. No. 8 Florida Southern
No. 4. St. Leo vs. No. 5 Simon Fraser
No. 2 Nova Southeastern vs. No. 7 Chico State
No. 3 Central Missouri vs. No. 6 USC-Aiken