Kathy Anderson elected to Missouri Sports Hall of Fame

(SPRINGFIELD, Mo.) — Central Missouri Senior Associate Athletic Director Kathy Anderson has been elected to the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame as announced on Tuesday evening. Induction ceremonies will take place on Sunday, January 25, 2015, at the University Plaza Convention Center in Springfield.
Anderson received a bachelor’s degree from UCM in 1980, graduating cum laude in physical education and mathematics. She lettered four years in basketball, three years in softball, and once in track and field. In 1979-80, she was named second-team Academic All-American, and in 1980 she was honored as UCM Outstanding Senior Female Student-Athlete and Outstanding Senior in Physical Education. With the Jennies belonging to the Association of Intercollegiate Athletics for Women and playing today what would be considered a Division I schedule, she helped lead the Jennies to an 82-31 record. She also was named to the Jennies Basketball All-Decade Team for 1970-80 and the Jennies Basketball Silver Anniversary Team for 1970-95.
She was a member of the USA Women’s National Basketball program for the three years leading to the 1980 Olympics, which the USA boycotted. In 1977, Anderson served as captain of the USA Women’s Junior Basketball team to Taiwan. In 1978 and 1979, she was a member of the USA Women’s Senior Basketball teams that traveled to China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Japan and Russia. In 1979, Anderson also was selected as an alternate to Team USA for the Pan-American Games.
Anderson was inducted into the inaugural class of the UCM Athletics Hall of Fame in 1992 and the inaugural MIAA Hall of Fame class during the summer of 2010. Along with her brother, former UCM head men’s basketball coach Kim Anderson, she was honored by the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame as one of the 2011 “Filbert Five” honorees.
She is now in her 10th year as Central Missouri’s senior associate athletic director and senior woman administrator.
Anderson has also served as past chair for the Division II softball and women’s basketball committees and chair of the Insitutional Representatives for the MIAA.
Tickets to the enshrinement ceremony are $150 per person or $1,500 for a table of 10. Tickets are available by calling 417-889-3100. All proceeds will benefit the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame. For additional information, contact Marty Willadsen, vice president of operations and administration at 417-889-3100 or visit the Hall of Fame website at www.MoSportsHallOfFame.com.