Hartzler to host business conference at UCM

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – Rep. Vicky Hartzler, U.S. congresswoman for Missouri’s 4th Congressional District, will be the honorary host for the 2012 Missouri Business Conference, Wednesday, Sept. 26, at the University of Central Missouri, according to a news release.
The event is sponsored by UCM, the Harmon College of Business and Professional Studies, and the Entrepreneur Zone at UCM. Some 25 business leaders and entrepreneurs will lead five panel discussions. The topics include planning for starting a business, generating revenue, targeting revenues, being prepared and networked and increasing processes and decreasing costs.
Networking opportunities also will be available for business owners and entrepreneurs with an idea, and participants will have the opportunity to enter a competition to share business practices as an expert on a panel.
Hartzler will join UCM President Charles Ambrose to deliver opening remarks and take part in the presentation of awards for the “Big Idea” competition for UCM student entrepreneurs.
“At a time when unemployment has been above 8 percent for 43 straight months and many businesses are failing, this is an excellent time to learn the techniques on how to successfully grow your business,” Hartzler said.
The event is free, and lunch will be provided. Participants are asked to pre-register online at www.ucmo.edu/bizconf, or by calling 660-543-8388. Registration deadline is Friday, Sept. 21.

[email_link]