UCM Dept. of Music to host visiting artist Grant Wenaus

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) — The University of Central Missouri Department of Music will host collaborative pianist Grant Wenaus in a recital and master class planned for Oct. 14-15, according to a press releaseGrant Wenaus1.
Wenaus will present a recital with members of the UCM music faculty, soprano Stella Roden, Sheri Mattson on oboe and Mia Hynes on piano, at 7:30 p.m. Monday, Oct. 14, in Hart Recital Hall. The program will include Samuel Barber’s masterpiece “Knoxville, Summer of 1915,” as well as his “Souvenirs” for piano, four hands.  A pair of sonatas by Poulenc and excerpts from “Liebeslieder Waltzes” by Brahms will round out the program.
In addition to the Oct. 14 recital, a master class featuring UCM music and theatre students is scheduled for 11 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, in Hart Recital Hall. Both the recital and the master class are open to the public, and admission is free.
Wenaus serves as the director of the Collaborative Piano Program at the Steinhardt School at New York University and enjoys an active career as a performer and conductor. Equally at home in art song, opera or musical theater, he has performed at Carnegie Hall with Sylvia McNair and with the Broadway touring company of “Grease!” He also has served as principal coach at the Glimmerglass Opera for several seasons and as an opera repetiteur for Seiji Ozawa at the Tanglewood Music Festival.
Wenaus served as music director of the Interlochen Arts Camp for seven summers and as conductor for the University of Michigan Musical Theater Program for three years.
Wenaus’ appearance at UCM is made possible by generous support from the Department of Music and the UCM Student Finance Committee.