Mules move up to No. 19, Jennies at No. 14 in rankings

(NEW ORLEANS, La.) – Heading into the MIAA Outdoor Championships, the Central Missouri Mules received their highest national ranking of the season, moving up to No. 19 in this week’s USTFCCCA Division II Computer Rankings. The Jennies held firm from their rank a week ago, maintaining No. 14 in the women’s poll.
The Mules’ 4×400 meter relay team improved upon their time last weekend, picking up a provisional mark at the Drake Relays, helping to move the team up in the poll. Freshman Meelis Siimson made his outdoor season debut in the long jump, climbing all the way to 20th on the national performance list, which also helped towards the Mules’ point total in the polls.
The Jennies earned the No. 14 spot for the third straight week in the women’s poll, as no athletes improved upon any of the team’s top marks. In the Central Region poll, the Mules sit at No. 3 while the Jennies are No. 4 on the women’s side, as both teams rank remains unchanged from last week.
St. Augustine’s (N.C.) retains the No. 1 rank in the men’s poll, while Grand Canyon (Ariz.) overtakes MIAA rival Lincoln for the No. 1 spot in the women’s poll.
The Mules and Jennies head to Hays, Kan. this weekend for the MIAA Outdoor Track & Field Championships, beginning Friday, May 3 with the multi-events and continuing through Sunday, May 5.