Jennies hire new volleyball assistant coach

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) — UCM volleyball coach Flip Piontek recently announced that former Jennies’ All-American Caitlin Pankratz was hired as the new assistant coach for the team.
Pankratz returns to her alma mater after one year as the assistant coach at Spring Hill College in Mobile, Ala.
“We’re excited for Caitlin to return to the UCM family,” Piontek said. “She was a great player and graduate assistant coach for our program and this is a great opportunity for her to return in a full-time capacity.”
Pankratz was a four-year starter at setter for the Jennies, earning second team All-America honors in 2009. She was a two-time All-MIAA selection and an Academic All-District honoree. She finished her career second all-time at Central Missouri with 5,502 assists.
She spent the past year as an assistant coach at Spring Hill College for former Jennies coach Peggy Martin. She helped lead the Badgers to a 30-7 overall record, including a 14-0 mark in the Southern States Athletic Conference.
“I’m very excited to rejoin the Jennies program,” Pankratz said. “I loved my time in Warrensburg as a player and a graduate assistant and I look forward to continuing my career as an assistant coach with the Jennies.”