Mules rout Bulldogs for first MIAA dual win of season

(KIRKSVILLE, Mo.) – TheMules wrestling squad won seven of 10 bouts en route to a 24-9 victory over Truman at Pershing Arena Wednesday night in Kirksville.
The win marked the Mules (4-6, 1-2 MIAA) first MIAA dual win of the season.
Mitchell Bradley picked up the Mules first win of the night, defeating the Bulldog’s JJ Dorrell 9-4 in the 125 pound bout.
Luke McClure followed up Bradley’s win with another victory, this time a 7-6 decision over Truman’s Tyler Stanley in triple overtime, extending the overall Mule lead to 6-0 heading into the 141 pound bout.
Eric Mateo made quick work of the Bulldog’s Nick Shea at 141, rolling to a 13-4 major decision to widen the UCM advantage to 10-0.
The Bulldogs won the next two bouts though, 149 and 157, to cut the Mules’ lead to just 10-6. Ty Loethen answered at 165 pounds, defeating TSU’s Luke Knocke via a 6-3 decision to expand Central Missouri’s lead to 13-6.
Truman took a decision victory at 174 to narrow the lead to 13-9 but again the Mules answered, this time at 184 pounds when newcomer Clarence Neely posted an impressive 22-6 technical fall win over the Bulldog’s Nate Seiler to increase the overall dual lead to 18-9 with just two bouts remaining.
Both Todd Brier and Tim Tuaquoi took decision wins at 197 and 285 pounds to seal the Mules 24-9 victory.
The Mules return to action Saturday when they travel to Marshall, Mo., to participate in the Missouri Valley Invitational.