Disney senior designer honored by UCM

Tiffany Lindley
Tiffany Lindley

Tiffany Lindley

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – A former Warrensburg resident and UCM alumna who fulfilled a childhood dream by working for Disney will receive the university’s Outstanding Recent Alumni Award during 2012 fall commencement exercises.
Tiffany (Meador) Lindley, a senior designer for Disney Publishing Worldwide’s Digital Media Team, will be honored during a ceremony at 2 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15 in the Multipurpose Building.
The Outstanding Recent Alumni Award recognizes alumni whose endeavors in business, professional, civic, philanthropic organizations, performing arts, public service, volunteer, political or similar activities are worthy of recognition and have brought honor to the university, according to a news release. The individual must have graduated from UCM within the last 10 years.
Lindley is the daughter of Marc and Robin Meador, of Warrensburg. Anyone who has purchased Apps for their iPhone or iPad or digital books produced by Disney Publishing Worldwide may have used some of the products created with her assistance. She is a 2003 graduate of UCM with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in commercial art and graphic design.
Her professional career has taken her to jobs in Chicago and New York, and most recently to the Walt Disney Studios in Glendale, Calif.
Lindley directs projects, creates storyboards and designs user experiences for many of DWP’s Apps and interactive e-books. Her team incorporates story with animation, games, drawing and movie footage to showcase Disney’s characters.
Lindley contacted the company at age 15 to seek career advice.
“I sent a portfolio and they actually responded to me, and told me what to study in college and encouraged me to continue pursuing my dream,” she said.
Taking that correspondence to heart, Lindley pursued her UCM degree while studying under faculty members such as Neva Wood, John Lynch and Clint Orr.
Before she began working for Disney, Lindley was involved in the print production of marketing materials, including packaging, brochures, and point-of-purchase displays for Garmin International in Olathe, Kan., where she served as print production coordinator for nearly two years.
Her husband, Shane Lindley, is senior producer on the Digital Team, and they both live in Santa Clarita, Calif.