Shain named first-team CoSIDA/Capital One Academic All-America

(TOWSON, Md.) — University of Central Missouri Jennies soccer senior midfielder Kayla Shain was named to the CoSIDA/Capital One Academic All-America first-team Wednesday.
Shain, a speech pathology major from Olathe, Kan., with a perfect 4.0 GPA, led the Jennies in assists in 2012, dishing out seven helpers while also contributing four goals, two being game-winners.
She holds the career record at UCM for assists, posting 25 throughout her career here, and assists in a single season, contributing 10 in 2011.
The Olathe Northwest graduate was the 2012 MIAA Player of the Year as well as a first-team All-MIAA and Daktronics All-Region selection.
She helped lead the Jennies to a 16-2-5 overall record, their fifth MIAA regular season title in the past six seasons and an appearance in the NCAA II Round of 16 for the second time in school history.
Shain is the second Jennies soccer student-athlete in program history to be named first-team CoSIDA/Capital One Academic All-America.
To be eligible for Academic All-America consideration, student-athletes must be a varsity starter or key reserve, maintain a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.30 on a scale of 4.00, have reached sophomore athletic and academic standings at their current school and be nominated by their sports information director.
For more information about the Academic All-America Teams program, visit www.cosida.com.