Jennies claim 2-0 shutout victory over Hornets

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – Jennies soccer used goals in each half to come away with a 2-0 shutout victory over Emporia State Saturday afternoon at the South Recreation Complex in Warrensburg.
The Jennies (6-0-2, 3-0-1 MIAA) struck first in the 36th minute of the match when Jenna Stones delivered a perfectly placed free-kick to a waiting Carly Stanley who headed it into the back left corner of the net, giving the Jennies the 1-0 lead. The goal marked Stanley’s first of the season. Stones’ assist was her second of 2012 and second in the past two matches.
Just six minutes into the second period the Jennies made it 2-0 on a long cross from the right side of the pitch by Bailey Hensley, which found Alexis Robbers on the left side of the box, who hammered it home for her team-high fourth goal. The assist by Hensley is the first of her young collegiate career.
The Jennies controlled the match, outshooting the Hornets 14-4, including an 8-0 advantage in shots-on-goal. Jennies goalkeeper Jessica Grindstaff claimed her third shutout in-goal with the win and improved her overall record to 3-0-2.
Central Missouri returns to action Friday, Sept. 28, when they host Southwest Baptist in an MIAA match at home. First kick is set for 7 p.m. at the South Receration Complex.
[email_link]