Alewine captures national title, UCM with six All-Americans

(WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.) — Central Missouri track and field finished the NCAA-II Championship with six All-Americans and one national champion.
Erin Alewine won her second straight national title in the pentathlon, totaling 3,926 points. Madison Smith earned her second All-American nod in the pentathlon. Blake Seitz and Clarissa Thomas also earned their first All-American honor on day two of the meet.
Alewine was apart of a five-way tie for first in the high jump (5’7), and also won the 800-meter run with a personal-best time of 2:18.17. She was fifth in the shot put (38’2) and long jump (17’11), and ninth in the 60-meter hurdles at 9.06. Alewine was the top-ranked competitor coming into the national meet.
Smith improved on her finish at the national meet with a sixth-place finish at 3,730 points, last season she came in eighth. She was also part of the five-way tie for first in the high jump, and placed fourth in the 60-meter hurdles at 8.79. She had a personal-best mark in the 800m run, finishing 8th at 2:28.14. Smith was 9th in the shot put (34’10.5) and 10th in the long jump (17’3.5).
Seitz earned 2,185 points on day two of the heptathlon, to finish in seventh with a personal-best 5,087 points total. He had two more personal bests, with an 11th place finish in the 60-meter hurdles in 8.99 and a seventh place finish in the 1000-meter run at 2:47.53. He was also seventh in the pole vault (13’5.25).
Thomas had a career-record time in the 400-meter dash, finishing in seventh in a time of 55.57 to earn her first career All-America award.
Hassan Ilyas finished at 10th in the heptathlon. He had a personal-best time in the 100-meter run, finishing in 2:45.83 earning fifth place. Hassan tied for sixth place in the 60-meter hurdles (8.51) and also tied for 10th in the pole vault (13’1.5).
Meelis Siimson and Heavin Warner both earned All-American honors on the first day of competition on Friday. Siimson and Warner were top-eight finishers in the long jump and weight throw, respectively.