Dickens Christmas returns to downtown

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – The annual Dickens Christmas is set for Saturday, Dec. 7 in downtown Warrensburg.
A wide range of events are scheduled from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., according to a news release from Warrensburg Main Street.
Downtown businesses will host a variety of artists displaying their talents in the shop windows. There will be horse and wagon rides, musicians, carolers, a hand-bell choir, a live nativity provided by Grover Park Baptist Church, and chestnuts roasting on an open fire.
A tree-lighting ceremony at 4:30 p.m. will feature decorations from children at the Early Childhood Opportunity Center, and officials will light their Christmas wreaths at the Johnson County Courthouse.
Those who attend the event can join other participants as they dress in 1840s period clothing and take part in a costume contest, according to the news release. There will be categories for individuals and families with prizes awarded for the most authentic costumes.
The Warrensburg Community Theater is scheduled to perform “Miss Deeds and Mistletoe Mine: The Sanity Clause” at the First United Methodist Church, Family Life Center.
Dinner Theater performances will be at 6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6 and noon Sunday, Dec. 8. Tickets for the dinner theater are $15 for adults and $11 for children 12 and under.
Additional matinee performances will be at 11 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7. Tickets will be $5 for adults and $3 for children 12 and under.
To purchase tickets, call 405-615-3025.
For more information, contact Warrensburg Main Street at 429-3988.