Mules Football picked fourth, sixth in MIAA preseason polls

(KANSAS CITY, Mo.) — Central Missouri Mules football was picked to finish fourth and sixth in the MIAA preseason polls released Monday morning at MIAA Football Media Day at the Kansas City Downtown Marriott.
The Mules were picked fourth in the coaches’ poll and sixth in the media poll.
UCM tallied 119 points in the coaches’ poll to come in fourth. The coaches poll had defending champion Missouri Western and Northwest Missouri tied at the top with 159 points and six first-place votes each. Pittsburg State came in third with two first-place nods and 145 points. Lindenwood rounded out the top five with 117 points.
The Mules garnered 205 points in the media poll to come in sixth. Northwest Missouri topped the media poll with 300 points and 10 first-place votes. The Bearcats were followed closely by Missouri Western with 294 points and 10 first-place votes. Third place Pittsburg State received two first-place votes and totaled 276 points. Washburn was fourth with 231 points and Lindenwood was fifth with 221.
Central Missouri returns 45 letterwinners and 16 starters from last season’s team that finished 6-4 overall.
The season kicks off on Thursday, Sept. 5 when the Mules host defending MIAA Champion Missouri Western at 7:07 p.m. The game will be broadcast live as the MIAA Television Game of the Week.