WHS Homecoming 2017

Warrensburg High School celebrated Homecoming 2017 the week of Sept. 18. Members of the Rookie Reporter program were on hand to capture some of the memories from the pep rally, royalty coronation, halftime performances and football game.

The homecoming nominees rush to find items in the stands during the homecoming assembly. The nominees had to be quick to gather their treasures then sit down in this last-man-standing scavenger hunt. Sophomore Demetrius James would go on to win the competition. Photo by Caitlin Kenney

Junior Tanner Karnes celebrates a big defensive play in the Tigers’ 22-14 homecoming win over St. Pius. The Tigers held St. Pius eight points below its season average. Photo by Katelyn Adkisson

Junior Gabi Shull tells students about her personal fight against osteosarcoma, a rare form of childhood cancer, at the homecoming pep assembly. Shull encouraged students and teachers to donate to Truth 365, an organization dedicated to spreading awareness for childhood cancer. Proceeds from the homecoming dance and game went to funding research for childhood cancer. Photo by Katelyn Adkisson

Junior Nathan Peele performs during the WHS halftime show. The band’s field theme this year is “Mystery”, leaving viewers wondering where they would be if they made different life choices. That Saturday the band went on to compete in Carrollton Band Day; getting second place in Parade, third in Color Guard, and first in Indoor Drumline. Photo by Katelyn Adkisson

Members of the student section, including Trevor Faubion, Blake Marnholtz, Trevor Key, Luke Landwehr, Jackson Teichman, Peyton Long, and Ben Sachs, dress in all gold for the homecoming game in support of childhood cancer awareness. Photo by Katelyn Adkisson

The Warrensburg High School mascot shows the love to young fans. The Warrensburg cheerleaders hosted a cheer clinic prior to the homecoming game, and the cheer clinic participants had the opportunity to perform on the sideline during the game. Photo by Kaylee Russell

Freshman Tyler Pierce and sophomore Adrienne Sauer wow the audience with their high kicks in the Poms halftime performance, “(Please) Don’t Stop the Music” by Rihanna. The dance was choreographed by sophomore Jillian Voskovitch, junior Gaby Moore and senior Alexis Kenny. Photo by Katelyn Adkisson

Juniors Maci Cunconan and Ryan Holland pose with their new crowns. Cunconan and Holland were named homecoming princess and prince during halftime of the Tigers 22-14 win over St. Pius. Photo by Katelyn Adkisson

One of the highlights of homecoming is the crowning of the king and queen. 2017 Warrensburg High School Homecoming king Jacob McKinney (senior) and queen Rebecca Heath (senior) bask in their new titles as their families and other members of the royal court look on. Photo by Katelyn Adkisson

Sophomore Brianna Cargile sports her favorite pajamas as she celebrates spirit week at Warrensburg High School. Photo by Sasha Fuller