Shiloh Baptist reports vandalism

PHOTO+BY+BRANDON+BOWMAN+%2F+PHOTO+EDITOR%0AThe+broken+door+that+was+found+at+the+front+entrance+of+the+Shiloh+Missionary+Baptist+Church+on+N.+Main+St.+
PHOTO BY BRANDON BOWMAN / PHOTO EDITOR The broken door that was found at the front entrance of the Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church on N. Main St.

By STEVEN SPEARS
News Editor
(WARRENSBURG, Mo., digitalBURG) — Someone took a rock from the garden in front of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church early Tuesday morning and used it to shatter the church’s front door glass.

PHOTO BY BRANDON BOWMAN / PHOTO EDITOR
The glass front door to Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church on North Main Street was broken Tuesday morning.

PHOTO BY BRANDON BOWMAN / PHOTO EDITOR The rock that was used to vandalize the front door of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church early Tuesday morning.
PHOTO BY BRANDON BOWMAN / PHOTO EDITOR
A large rock was used to break the front door of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church early Tuesday morning.

“It was vandalism,” said Terrance Moody, pastor of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church, as he looked at the shards of broken glass littered across the building’s lobby floor. “We came to the office, actually drove up, and I saw the big rock sitting out in front of the door. The glass was shattered, the door bent in – I guess from the rock.”
Moody said the door was shattered sometime between 1 and 8:40 Tuesday morning. He said officers from the Warrensburg Police Department did a walk through of the church, located at 210 N. Main St., and found that nothing was stolen.
“So it looked like it was purely vandalism,” Moody said. “We don’t know what reason someone would do that. As much as we do for the community – to help the community – it kind of baffles us that somebody would come and do something like this.”
Moody said the church feeds community members five days a week, coordinates food distribution for local children and works with Project Community Connect to provide services to those in need.
“I’ve been here 18 years and nothing like this has happened here or in the old church,” he said. “Never had any vandalism before.”
Cpl. Tim Dorman said he didn’t have any additional information as the investigation is ongoing.
Moody said he hopes anyone with information about the vandalism would let someone know.
“We’re an institution that’s trying to help people,” he said. “So it’s kind of disheartening when you’re seeking to help people and something like this… not that you think it can’t happen to you, but it is a surprise after all of these years.”
Anyone with information regarding the vandalism is asked to contact the Warrensburg Police Department at 660-747-9133.
PHOTO BY BRANDON BOWMAN / PHOTO EDITOR
The front door glass was broken Tuesday morning at the entrance of the Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church on North Main Street.

PHOTO BY BRANDON BOWMAN / PHOTO EDITOR

PHOTO BY BRANDON BOWMAN / PHOTO EDITOR Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church was broken into early Tuesday morning. Warrensburg Police said the investigation is ongoing. Nothing was reported stolen.
PHOTO BY BRANDON BOWMAN / PHOTO EDITOR
A large rock was used to break the front door class at Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church early Tuesday morning. Warrensburg Police said the investigation is ongoing. Nothing was reported stolen.