Warrensburg Schools Foundation announces four scholarship recipients

The Warrensburg Schools Foundation recently announced the winners of six student scholarships that were awarded Friday.

Jonathan Duhamell
Jonathan Duhamell

Cooper Collier
Cooper Collier

Cooper Collier received the Russell and Louise Elsberry Education Scholarship for $2,000. The Elsberry family created this scholarship to benefit a student going into the field of education. Mr. Elsberry was the Warrensburg High School principal from 1958-1976 and Mrs. Elsberry taught at Ridge View Elementary School, according to a news release.
Jonathan Duhamell was awarded the Warrensburg Schools Foundation Scholarship for $1,000. The board of directors of the Warrensburg Schools Foundation created this scholarship to benefit a student who plans to attend a two- or four-year college.
The Dr. Bruce Achauer Scholarship for $500 was awarded to Nathan Kreher. This scholarship, created in memory of Warrensburg High School alumnus Dr. Bruce Achauer, recognizes a WHS football player who demonstrates leadership, a positive outlook, hard work and is an inspiration to others.
Jessica Tiller
Jessica Tiller

Nathan Kreher
Nathan Kreher

The Dr. Michael Jinks Educational Scholarship for $250 was awarded to Cooper Collier. This scholarship, created to honor long-time R-6 Superintendent Dr. Michael Jinks, benefits a WHS student who shows leadership, has at least a 3.0 GPA, will be an education major, plans to be a teacher following college graduation, and shows financial need.
The Lynn R. Solomon Scholarship for $500 was awarded to Cooper Collier. This scholarship was created to honor longtime Warrensburg R-6 administrator Lynn Solomon to benefit a WHS student who
shows leadership, works hard, has at least a 2.0 GPA, and plans to be an education major and a teacher following college graduation.
The Russ Lotspeich Memorial Scholarship for $500 was awarded to Jessica Tiller. This scholarship is awarded to a WHS athlete who shows leadership, has a positive outlook, works hard and inspires others, has at least a 2.0 GPA, is a dedicated athlete who motivates others and leads by example.
For more information on contributing to a scholarship or creating a scholarship for Warrensburg High School students, visit www.WarrensburgFoundation.org or call Meridith Sauer at 747-7823.