Foundation announces WHS scholarships

The Warrensburg Schools Foundation recently announced the recipients of six scholarships that were awarded Friday.
The first Warrensburg Schools Foundation Scholarship for $1000 was awarded to Abigail Gillum. This scholarship was created by the board of directors of the Warrensburg Schools Foundation. It is awarded to a student seeking to further their education at a two or four year college.
The Dr. Bruce Achauer Scholarship for $500 was awarded to Seth Kreher. This scholarship, created in memory of Warrensburg High School alumnus Dr. Bruce Achauer, recognizes a WHS football player who demonstrates leadership, a positive outlook, hard work and is an inspiration to others; achieves a minimum 2.0 GPA or is in the top 50 percent of his class; is a dedicated football player who motivates others and leads by example; is an active volunteer in the community; and participates in scholastic extra-curricular activities.
The Dr. Michael Jinks Educational Scholarship for $250 was awarded to Ashley McGuffey. This scholarship, created to honor long-time R-VI Superintendent Dr. Michael Jinks, is awarded to a WHS student who shows leadership, has a positive outlook, works hard and inspires others, has at least a 3.0 GPA, will be an education major and plans to be a teacher following college graduation, and shows financial need.
TheĀ Angela K. Cocke Memorial Scholarship for $500 was awarded to Abigail Gillum. The winner of this scholarship must have a minimum 3.0 GPA, declare a major in English, creative writing, and/or technical writing and work toward a degree in that field at a four year college or university; or served on yearbook and/or newspaper staff.
The Lynn R. Solomon Scholarship for $250 was awarded to Ashley McGuffey. This scholarship was created to honor long time Warrensburg R-VI administrator, Lynn Solomon. It is awarded to a WHS student who shows leadership, has a positive outlook, works hard and inspires others, has at least a 2.0 GPA, and plans to be an education major and work as a teacher following college graduation.
The Russ Lotspeich Memorial Scholarship for $500 was awarded to Brett Marr. This scholarship is awarded to a WHS athlete who shows leadership, has a positive outlook, works hard and inspires others, has at least a 2.0 GPA, is a dedicated athlete who motivates others and leads by example.
For more information on contributing to a scholarship or creating a scholarship for Warrensburg High School students, visit www.WarrensburgFoundation.org or call Meridith Sauer at 747-7823.