Warrensburg launches Downtown Façade Grant Program

The City of Warrensburg is launching their new Downtown Façade Grant Program to encourage historically appropriate façade improvements to existing buildings in downtown Warrensburg.
This new program is available to the property owner or tenant, with owner approval, of a building that is at least 75 years old and located within the DREAM boundary. To be eligible for a grant, the improvements must be performed on either the front or rear façade of the building and must be visible to the public.
This is a dollar-for-dollar matching grant program with a maximum of $1,000 in grant funds available per award, for each grant cycle. The grant cycle runs from Oct. 1 to Sept. 30. Only one grant per cycle may be awarded to a property, defined as any individual platted lot or tract of land described by metes and bounds.
Applicants may apply now through Sept. 30 by submitting a completed application form and attachments that include the proposed work to be performed. Any work completed prior to the approval of a grant application is not eligible for funding. Grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and are only for actual applicant-paid expenses approved by the grant committee comprised of one representative each from the Historic Preservation Commission, Warrensburg Main Street and the City of Warrensburg.
The types of work that may be funded include, but are not limited to, the following: masonry repair, tuck pointing, signage, awnings, window and door repair, painting, cornice repair, and building front improvements.
Businesses in the DREAM boundary may apply.
For more information or an application contact Barbara Carroll, director of community development at 660-747-9135, or Julie Turnipseed, Warrensburg Main Street director at 660-429-3988.