Scholarship applications being accepted for high school seniors

The Warrensburg Schools Foundation is pleased to announce six scholarship opportunities for Warrensburg High School Seniors.
Applications can be downloaded from WarrensburgFoundation.org and returned to the Warrensburg High School Counselor’s Office no later than April 15.
The scholarships will be awarded at the WHS Senior Awards Night.
The newly created Warrensburg Schools Foundation Scholarship will be awarded to a WHS student who shows academic potential with a financial need.
The Dr. Bruce Achauer Scholarship was created in memory of Dr. Bruce Achauer, recognizes a WHS football player who demonstrates leadership, a positive outlook, hard work and is an inspiration to others; achieves a minimum 2.0 GPA or is in the top 50% of his class; is a dedicated football player who motivates others and leads by example; is an active volunteer in the community; and participates in scholastic extra-curricular activities.
Dr. Michael Jinks Educational Scholarship was created to honor long-time Warrensburg R-VI Superintendent Dr. Michael Jinks, is awarded to a WHS student who shows leadership, has a positive outlook, works hard and inspires others; has at least a 3.0 GPA; will be an education major and plans to be a teacher following college graduation; and, shows financial need.
The Angela K. Cocke Memorial Scholarship was created in the memory of WHS student Angela Cocke. The recipient of this scholarship will have a minimum 3.0 GPA, declare a major in English, creative and/or technical writing and work toward a degree in that field at a four year college or university; OR, served on yearbook and/or newspaper staff.
The Lynn R. Solomon Scholarship was created to honor long time Warrensburg R-VI administrator, Mr. Lynn Solomon. It is awarded to a WHS student who shows leadership, has a positive outlook, works hard and inspires others; has at least a 2.0 GPA; plans to be an education major and a teacher following college graduation.
The Russ Lotspeich Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a WHS athlete who shows leadership, has a positive outlook, works hard and inspires others; has at least a 2.0 GPA; is a dedicated athlete who motivates others and leads by example.