Burg Fest brings the community together

VIDEO BY KAITLIN BROTHERS / MULTIMEDIA EDITOR (WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – The fifth annual BurgFest street festival brought people from all over the community to downtown Warrensburg Friday and Saturday for food, music, bouncy houses and street vendors.
Amber Bradbury, Warrensburg Main Street events coordinator, said BurgFest had 76 vendors ranging from commercial, food and makers. Related events included the Warrensburg Wheels Cruise-In Car Show, the Glow Run, the farmers’ market, adult tricycle races, a beauty pageant, an outdoor movie, a wing-eating contest and more.
She said the Cornhole Tournament brought in the busiest Beer Garden they have ever had. Thirty teams entered the tournament. The top three winners received a cash prize.
The bands that performed were Members Only, The Nace Brothers, Random Access, and Mudflap Mafia.
Bradbury said the Heartland Home Educators coordinated crafts with kids. Kids could also enjoy the inflatable zone for bouncy houses, inflatable slides and games. She said Burgfest also had a “Chill Zone,” for middle and high schoolers to hang out.
“BurgFest brings the community together as a whole and it’s great to have other communities come out and enjoy our fall festival as well,” Bradbury said.