Ballots set for April 8 municipal election

By DEVIN NEGRETE
(WARRENSBURG, Mo., digitalBURG) — The ballots have been set for the April 8 municipal elections in Johnson County. Candidates were officially confirmed on Tuesday.
Warrensburg City Council has two open seats. Casey Renfrow, Don Butterfield, Robin Allen and Mike Watts are vying for the open seats. Council members serve a three-year term.
Chilhowee Mayor Melody Robinson will see a challenge from Jack Campbell.
Jimmy Tawzer and Donnie Wilcockson are running unopposed for seats are on the Chilhowee Board of Aldermen.
The city of Holden will have a race for a new mayor. Rick Edwards and Larry Jennings are running for a four-year term.
The Holden City Council has six candidates running for three open seats.  James L. Nipko and Michael W. Price are running for the Ward 2 seat. Sam W. Raber and Bic Danforth are running for the Ward 3 seat. Jim Gilcrest and Debbie Dean are running for the Ward 4 seat. The council members serve a two-year term.
The Ward 1 seat is still open. Voters have the option of writing in their candidate of choice.
Knob Noster has one open seat on the Board of Alderman. The Ward I race will be between Rodney Johnson and John H. Cohen Jr.
The city of Centerview has two open seats for an at-large seat on the Board of Alderman. William Flethcher was the only candidate to file.
Centerview Mayor Frank L. Todd is also running unopposed.
There are two open seats for the at-large seats on the Kingsville Board of Alderman. Ed Thomas and Pete Montgomery are running unopposed.
The city of Leeton has two open seats on the Board of Alderman. Ward I hopefuls are John Thomas and Loretta M. Burford. Jerry McAllistar and Steven Binder are running for Ward II alderman.
The Johnson County Fire Protection District No. 2, which covers North Holden, South Holden, Kingsville, Pittsville and Rose Hill, has one open seat for which Helen Bower and Jeanie Worsley are running for a six-year term.
Western Missouri Medical Center has one open seat for a trustee. Stephanie Long, Norman Wilcher, Rita White and Gerianne R. Bliss are running for the five-year term.
Three candidates have filed for two open seats on the State Fair Community College Board of Trustees in Sedalia. Current Secretary Kip Salmon, current member Ron Wineinger, and new candidate Jerry Greer have all filed for the positions.