Warrensburg employee named Mo. Female Veteran of the Year

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) — A Missouri Veterans Home – Warrensburg employee was recently named 2013 Female Veteran of the Year by the Missouri Veterans Commission, according to a press release.

Jennifer Eaton, Communications Coordinator, was selected for her prior accomplishments as an active duty Air Force officer and Air Force civil servant, as well as for recent work with the Veterans Assistance League board of directors and Missouri Veterans Home – Warrensburg.

Jennifer Eaton
Jennifer Eaton

“I can think of no candidate more deserving than Jen,” said Eric Endsley, Missouri Veterans Home~Warrensburg Administrator. “For the past four years, Jen has used her public relations savvy to improve quality of life for our 200 Veteran Heroes. She has championed initiatives that require substantial community support in the form donations, community awareness and volunteer participation.”

Endsley noted that Eaton is also credited with bringing the nonprofit Veterans Assistance League (VAL) board into the 21st century. Through her vision and direction, VAL launched an official website, became online event registration capable, equipped itself with a long term strategic communication plan, and increased awareness about the importance of honoring the men and women who served our nation as they enter their period of greatest need and vulnerability.

Eaton said the award is truly an honor. “It makes happy to think that my grandpa, a decorated WWII Veteran, and my hero, is looking down and smiling from above,” she said.

Eaton holds a Masters Degree in Communication Management and is currently pursuing her Doctorate in Business Administration.

She will be honored during a ceremony in Jefferson City at the Capitol Building on Saturday.