House fire demonstration this Saturday

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.)– The Warrensburg Fire Department invites the public to attend their home sprinkler burn demonstration this Saturday at 10 am on the courthouse square, according to a press release.
“The Warrensburg Fire Department is honored to receive one of only 25 grants nationwide from the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition. The grant money, along with generous donations from Economy Lumber and Hardware of Warrensburg and Campbell Fire Protection of Harrisonville, was used to build two side-by-side structures simulating rooms in a typical home,” says Jeremy VanWey, Fire and Emergency Prevention Officer.
The two rooms will contain common furnishings, window treatments and a working smoke alarm.  Only one of the rooms will have a fire sprinkler.
Members of the Warrensburg Fire Department will intentionally light fire to both structures to show both the danger of fire and the value of having a fire sprinkler system installed.  The demonstration will also be recorded for playback during the rest of the Burg Fest weekend with the burnt structures still in place for viewing.
This dramatic, yet safe, form of education has become increasingly popular with fire departments across the country.  Residents are able to see firsthand why a typical home fire becomes deadly in three minutes or less.

“Sometimes people just need to see it to believe it,” says VanWey.

For more information on the live fire demonstration, contact Warrensburg Fire Department at 660-747-9136 or visit www.warrensburg-mo.com.