Mules Baseball dominates Concordia-St. Paul in weekend series

The UCM Mules (11-3) swept the Concordia-St. Paul Golden Bears in three games to push themselves into the double-digit win mark for the season. The Mules overwhelmed Concordia-St. Paul offensively and defensively as they outscored the Golden Bears 34-1 over the course of the weekend. 
Game 1: Mules 11 Golden Bears 1
UCM smashed Concordia-St. Paul in the first game with 11 runs on 12 hits and only one run allowed to the Golden Bears. UCM’s Erik Webb and Harrison Schnurbusch had three hits apiece and five RBIs between the two. Cole Taylor legged out a triple and also added three RBIs. Mason Green kept the Golden Bears offense quiet with five strikeouts and only one earned run allowed. 
Game 2: Mules 16 Golden Bears 0 
The Mules lit up the scoreboard with 16 runs on 19 hits and only gave up three Concordia-St. Paul hits. UCM’s Jordan Fowler had a quality start with six innings pitched, five strikeouts and only three hits allowed. Josh Schumacher was the main force offensively with four hits and three RBI’s. Michael Sinks, Cole Taylor and Gaven Strobel each added two RBI’s to the Mules high-powered offense. 
Game 3: Mules 7 Golden Bears 0
UCM picked up another shutout win as they drove in seven runs on 11 hits and once again, only gave up three hits to the Golden Bears. The Mules showed off the long ball as four Mules, including Dusty Stroup, Cole Taylor, Harrison Schnurbusch, and Cole Christman, launched home runs. Seven Mules pitchers combined for a total of nine strikeouts and not a single run allowed to Concordia St. Paul.