Four Jennies Score Double Figures in Win Over Washburn

The UCM Jennies (17-4, 10-0 in the MIAA) defeated the Washburn Ichabods 83-68 on Saturday, Feb. 1st at the UCM Multipurpose Building in Warrensburg. The victory extends the Jennies winning streak to 14 games. 
The Jennies and Ichabods ended the first period tied at 21-21. UCM struck first in the second period after two made free throws from UCMs Morgan Fleming. From that point on, the Jennies never lost the lead. At the half, the Jennies lead the Ichabods 41-37. The Ichabods brought their deficit to just 48-47 before Jennies pulled away with a 14-1 scoring run. Fleming finished the run with a three pointer and a transition three-point play. After three periods, the Jennies lead was 64-54. UCM maintained a 10-point lead throughout most of the fourth period until UCM’s Gigi McAtee sank a long three pointer to give the Jennies a 76-63 lead. UCM went on to win 83-68. 
Fleming led the Jennies in scoring with 19 points and also had eight rebounds and four assists. Nija Collier earned another double-double with 18 points and 14 rebounds. She also had four assists and five blocked shots. Megan Skaggs scored 18 points and pulled down four rebounds. Morgan VanHyfte added 11 points, five rebounds and four steals. 
Washburn’s Shelbie Piggie scored 19 points off the bench of the Ichabods. Alexis McAfee added 12 points, five rebounds and two steals. Hunter Bentley and Hayley Thompson scored 10 points each.