Mules Rally from First Half Deficit to Defeat Ichabods

The UCM Mules (9-11, 4-7 in the MIAA) defeated the Washburn Ichabods 59-56 on Saturday, Feb. 1st at the UCM Multipurpose Building in Warrensburg. This is the Mules’ second win in a row and eighth win at home.  
The Ichabods jumped out to an early 18-6 lead over the Mules. After a timeout, the Mules went on a 12-1 scoring run and sank five of six shots from the floor. At the half, the Mules deficit was just 27-25. UCM took their first lead of the game after a three-pointer from UCM’s Gaven Pinkley. This was one of five lead changes between the Mules and Ichabods in the last five minutes of play. The Ichabods took a 55-53 lead with 2:35 left. The Mules then outscored Washburn 6-1 from that point on, including a pair of free throws by UCM’s Matt Wilkinson to make the final score 59-56. The win was sealed by a steal from UCM’s Kendale Hampton as time expired. 
Pinkley scored 12 points including a three pointer and hit five of six made free throws. He now has scored double figures in 17 of the Mules’ 20 games. Kendale Hampton added 12 points including going 2-3 from the three-point line. Shae Wyatt chipped in nine points. 
Washburn’s Rathen Carter led the Ichabods with a season-high of 18 points. Tyler Geiman added a double-double with 17 points and 16 rebounds.