Counseling Center introduces new workshop

The University of Central Missouri Counseling Center has created a free seven-week workshop for students called Unstuck Your Life. Meetings will be 3-4:30 every Wednesday starting this week through Nov. 6 in the Student Wellness and Recreation Center.
The workshop was created by psychologist Elizabeth Cassidy and counselor Melissa Fuller from the Counseling Center after they heard about different student needs.
“Unstuck Your Life is meant to be a workshop to help students who want to become successful in college and in their lives but are experiencing any barriers or setbacks,” Cassidy said.
She said the group is based on building resilience, which will teach the students how to overcome setbacks. Other topics addressed include stress management and boundaries, emotion regulation, meaning and purpose building.
“We hope these subjects that are being taught will strengthen the resilience of these students and help them learn to be assertive in their relationships, whether it be with fellow students, professors or even their bosses,” Cassidy said.
She said the Counseling Center anticipates hosting this workshop in Spring 2020, but if there seems to be a high interest then it will continue to be offered each semester.
Students interested must register online for Unstuck Your Life and is on a first-registered-first-served basis. Participants are expected to attend all scheduled meetings.