Update: Eight Jennies make All-MIAA team

The MIAA announced the 2019 All-MIAA softball awards Wednesday ahead of the beginning of the conference’s tournament. Eight different Jennies made this year’s team as UCM went 33-19 in the regular season to earn the No. 4 seed in the upcoming tournament.

Lauryn Deer was selected to the second team as an outfielder. Alexa Bradley (pitcher), Ashlyn Cook (outfield), Hailey Crabtree (first base), Taylor Dames (outfield), Alexis Koop (second base), Makenzie McAtee (designated player) and Jessica Sader (third base) were all named All-MIAA honorable mention.

For Deer, this is her third All-MIAA award and the second time being on the second team. She leads UCM and is third in the MIAA with 71 hits. She’s hitting .376 with a .420 on-base percentage. She ranks second in the league with 27 stolen bases.

Bradley earns an All-MIAA nod for the second straight season. She’s 12-7 with a 3.10 ERA. Her 12 wins have her in the MIAA top-10. She’s also struck out 52 batters in 131 innings and has picked up a save as well. She’s thrown eight complete games and three shutouts.

Cook has started 50 of 52 games playing in right field. She’s hitting .320 with 35 runs scored and 26 RBIs.

Cook has 15 doubles which is in the top-10 in the league and five home runs. Of her 54 hits, 21 have gone for extra bases.

Senior Hailey Crabtree sees her name on the All-MIAA team for the third time in four years.

She was also an All-MIAA first baseman last year and a utility player in 2016. She’s hitting .352 this season with 62 hits, 27 going for extra bases with 15 doubles, seven triples and five home runs.

Dames earns an All-Conference award for the second straight season.

She was All-MIAA as a utility player last year. This year, making 45 starts in left field, she’s All-MIAA as an outfielder. Dames leads UCM with seven home runs and has driven in 29. She’s hitting .342 with a .404 on-base percentage and 15 stolen bases.

Koop is an All-MIAA second baseman for the second straight season.

She’s hitting .289 with a home run and 15 runs batted in.

McAtee is an All-Conference selection as a designated player.

McAtee is hitting .301 with five home runs and six doubles.

Sader leads UCM with a .382 average and is in the MIAA top-10 with 44 RBIs. Of her 66 hits, she’s got 19 extra-base hits with 13 doubles, one triple and five home runs.