Update: 13 Mules and Jennies honored in MIAA winter academic awards

The MidAmerica Intercollegiate Athletics Association announced the recipients of its winter academic awards. Thirteen UCM athletes were awarded either the Academic Excellence Award or the Scholar-Athlete Award.
In order to earn the Academic Excellence Award, athletes must achieve a 4.0 GPA or better and accrue more than two terms at their institution. Dominique Hampton (wrestling), Nathan Liby (men’s track and field), Gigi McAtee (women’s basketball), Jodi Pedersen (women’s track and field) and Allan Person (wrestling) brought home Academic Excellence Awards.
The Scholar-Athlete Award requires a 3.5 GPA as well as two terms of enrollment at their institution. Ashlan Burton (women’s track and field), Morgan Fleming (women’s basketball), Brad Jenkins (men’s track and field), Paytynn Kuhns (women’s bowling), Dalton Lewallen (men’s track and field), Nathan Liby (men’s track and field), Jakob Lowrance (men’s basketball) and Jacob Weber (men’s track and field) received the Scholar-Athlete Award.
The Mules and Jennies had 72 total student-athletes named to the MIAA Honor Roll (3.0 GPA required), more than any other member school. Click here to see the full list of UCM athletes on the MIAA Honor Roll.