Tiger wrestlers blank St. Pius, defeat O'Hara

The Warrensburg Tiger wrestling team opened conference action Tuesday with a double dual, blanking St. Pius 84-0 and beating O’Hara 57-20 at O’Hara high school.
For the first time in the program’s history, the Tigers won a dual by a perfect score with every Tiger who had a match winning by pin against St. Pius.
“I know the score doesn’t show it, but I was not happy with the way we wrestled,” said coach Jeff Brown. “We had an over-confidence about us that made us a little lacking with our technique. O’Hara is much improved and their aggressive style gave us fits early in the matches.”
The Tigers wrestled K.C. O’Hara next as the Celtics started out quick by winning the first two weights classes of 106 and 113.
The Tigers bounced back with a regular decision by Sheldon Blose at 120 and a fall by Malacai Collins at 126.
At 132, Jake Sproat was losing by four going into the last period when he put his opponent on his back and pinned him.
The Celtics won at 138, but then Warrensburg’s JD Culp, Zadac Lankford, Jared Allnut and Brett Marr all pinned their rivals in dominating fashion to put Warrensburg out to a commanding lead.
The Celtics won a close match at 182, but then Warrensburg once again showed its dominance by winning at 195 and 220.
Jake Gard came out aggressive and pinned his opponent at 195 pounds as did Zeelan Lankford at 220. Caleb Braun was taking care of business when his opponent tried to head butt him, causing him to be disqualified at 285.