Update: Mules to make final road trip of 2018

Mules quarterback Jeremy Hunt evades pressure in the Mules 42-35 win over Nebraska-Kearney.(Photo by Peter Spexarth/For the Muleskinner)

Mules football will head to St. Charles, Missouri, this weekend to face Lindenwood University in the second-to-last week of the 2018 regular season.
Central Missouri snapped its three-game losing streak last week in a last-minute 42-35 win over Nebraska-Kearney on homecoming. The Mules appeared to be cruising after leading 21-7 at halftime and scoring two touchdowns to open the second half. The Lopers stormed back from a 35-7 deficit to tie the game at 35 with eight minutes left in regulation.
A critical fumble by the Lopers was recovered and returned deep into UNK territory by redshirt sophomore defensive back Codie Bell and set the Mules up for a chance to clinch their first victory in three weeks. Less than a minute later, sophomore quarterback Kyle Bradley found senior wide receiver Kyrion Parker for the game-winning touchdown.
Parker had his best game of his Mules career, scoring three touchdowns on nine catches for 146 yards Saturday.
The Mules are 4-5 and will be looking for their first road win of the season at Lindenwood. The Lions fell to 3-6 after a 27-14 loss to Fort Hays State in week nine. In their last meeting, the Mules bested the Lions 31-24, also in St. Charles.
Kickoff between UCM and Lindenwood is scheduled for 1 p.m. Saturday at Harlen C. Hunter Stadium.