Update: Volleyball picks up fourth straight win

Sophomore Ally Offerdahl (left) leads the Jennies in assists and is averaging over 11 per set. Freshman Hannah Engelken (right) has averaged just under two kills per set in his first season with the Jennies. (Photo by Peter Spexarth/For the Muleskinner)

No. 15 Jennies volleyball got their fourth-consecutive win over Northwest Missouri State 3-1 Saturday at the Multipurpose Building.
The streak comes after Central Missouri dropped two matches in a row for the first time this season in losses to then-No. 4 Nebraska-Kearney and then-No. 17 Central Oklahoma. The Jennies came back with convincing wins over Pittsburg State, Missouri Western and Lindenwood.
The Jennies dropped the first set against the Bearcats 25-20, but won the next three sets to take the series 3-1. The final set saw the Bearcats doing everything to stay alive and an overturned call brought the game to a 25-25 tie. Freshman Hannah Engelken put the Bearcats away with a kill to give the Jennies a 27-25 win.
Three Jennies picked up double-digit kills with senior Kylie Hohlen leading the way with 15. Engelken had 13 and junior Rylee Neigenfind picked up 12.
Sophomore Ally Offerdahl’s 55 assists and 11 digs were good for a double-double. Senior Carly Offerdahl picked up a match-high 21 digs.
The Jennies hit the road this week for matchups with No. 11 Washburn and Emporia State. First serve between the Jennies and Washburn is scheduled for 6 p.m. Saturday at Lee Arena in Topeka, Kansas. The Jennies and Emporia State are scheduled to meet at 3 p.m. Sunday at White Auditorium in Emporia, Kansas.