Property, real estate taxes due Dec. 31

It’s tax time again.
Personal property and real estate taxes are due by Dec. 31, according to a news release from Johnson County Collector Ruthane Small. Office hours at the Johnson County Courthouse in downtown Warrensburg are 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Johnson County collector’s office will also be open from 8:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 15 and Dec. 29. The courthouse will be closed on Monday, Dec. 24 and Tuesday, Dec. 25 to observe the holiday season.
There are four ways to pay taxes in Johnson County – in person, by mail, drop box or online. Payments received by mail must be postmarked by Dec. 31 to avoid penalties.
The drive-up drop box for tax payments is located on the northwest corner of the courthouse square at the corner of Market and Maynard streets and is available 24 hours a day. Johnson County taxpayers can pay online at www.jcmtax.com.
Taxpayers are encouraged to verify that all property is listed correctly before making payment. Anyone who has questions regarding the property listed, values or corrections to the tax statements should contact the assessor’s office at 660-747-9822.
Questions regarding payments or receipts may contact the collector’s office at 660-747-5531.