Renovations to Warrensburg's downtown

The grand opening of Soul Song, relocation of The Market and the renovation at The District, along with the renovation of Holden Street between South and Grover streets, which is part of a larger project to update downtown Warrensburg, will give downtown a new look by the end of the fall.
Amber Bradbury, assistant executive director of Warrensburg Main Street, Inc., said the construction on Holden Street didn’t begin until the end of the summer due to a delay in the budget approval process. She said despite the late start to the renovation, “We are hoping to be done before homecoming week.”
“The project consists of reconstruction of stop lights and sidewalks along the streets leading from campus into the downtown area to make roads safer for students on campus and walking, biking and driving through downtown,” she said.
In addition to the Holden Street renovations, The District on Pine Street is being renovated as well. The district’s renovations will include a larger downstairs bar area and a rooftop bar. 
“We are scheduled to finish within 30 to 60 days,” said Andrea Gower, owner of The District.
New to Main Street is Soul Song, a homeopathic store that sells natural products like soaps, lotions and candles.
Soul Song had its grand opening at 111 N. Holden St. on Wednesday, Aug. 15.
“The store grand opening had a great turnout,” said Amy Creightor, Soul Song co-owner. “The shop was packed and we did a formal ribbon cutting.”
Creightor said they will sell locally produced items and items for the home.
“We feature all natural soup products from soap makers in Knob Noster,” Creightor said. “We’re hoping it will be a great place for people in the community and outside to find great gifts.”
The Market has relocated as well. It is now located further north to 202 N. Holden St., previously occupided by Tan 24 Sonnen Studio.
Karen Vick, owner of The Market, said the decision to move was based on the need for a bigger building, more seating space and room for more ice cream flavors. She said The Market has now gone from eight flavors to 24 and offers fountain drinks and milkshakes.
For more information about downtown businesses and upcoming events, contact Warrensburg Main Street Inc. at 660-429-3988.