Kansas Speedway exec, UCM alumnus speaks on campus

Each year, the American Marketing Association recognizes an executive who has made outstanding contributions in marketing and in their communities.
The AMA’s 2017 Distinguished Marketing Executive is Joe Fowler, vice president of marketing and sales at Kansas Speedway and a UCM alumnus. Fowler is scheduled to speak to UCM students, faculty and staff at 11 a.m. Thursday in the Union Ballroom, Room 240, for AMA Executive Day, sponsored by the UCM student AMA chapter and the marketing program.
Charlie Schwepker, professor of marketing, said while the event is sponsored by the marketing program, all are invited. Admission is free.
“We encourage all students, faculty and staff to attend,” he said. “Attendees will benefit from Joe’s career advice and will learn interesting and insightful information about the Kansas Speedway.”
Schwepker said Fowler’s career path may be of particular interest to students since he earned both his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from UCM.
After earning his Master of Business Administration degree in 2003, Fowler began his career at Kansas Speedway as a corporate account executive. He was promoted to senior manager of sales and marketing in 2007 and then to director of corporate sales and marketing in 2010 before his promotion in January to his current position.
Fowler’s presentation will include information about marketing strategies at Kansas Speedway and his career path. He will also answer audience questions.