Mules baseball in the top ten of Division-II national rankings

The Central Missouri Mules baseball team jumps higher up the national rankings of Division II Top 10 teams at the seventh spot.
The Mules have a current record of 16-3 and are on a six-game winning streak. They are now 9-0 when playing at home and 8-1 when it comes to playing opponents from the MIAA.
In their recent series against Fort Hays State, the Mules swept the Tigers in the series. In their three-game series, UCM managed to put up a total of 36 runs on the board as they took the series with each game won by double digits. The Mules on the defensive side held Fort Hays State to 20 runs total.
With the series sweep, the Mules are 6-1 on the road for the season.
Last week the Mules had entered the national rankings at the number 17 spot before moving up 10 spots in this week’s rankings.
The Mules were in the preseason poll before they fell out entirely and eventually did not receive any votes into week one of the national ranking polls.
The Top 5 saw three new teams enter this week. For the third-straight week, Azusa Pacific ranks No. 1 at 14-0. Then followed by Delta State,  with Florida Southern moving up to third, Pennsylvania’s Mercyhurst jumped up four spots to sit fourth, while West Texas A&M rounds out the Top 5 after sitting No. 14 last week.
The Mules will remain on the road to finish their eight-game home stretch against Rockhurst Tuesday, March 13, at 2 p.m. in Kansas City, Mo.