Sports Updates: Week Eight

Mules wrestling finishes 12th at central super regional

Central Missouri Mules wrestling had a total of 22 team points to finish 12th in the field of 15 teams at Central Super Regional on Saturday.
Two out of the three Mules wrestlers, Jesse Reser and Allan Pearson, made it to day two of the event to place sixth and fifth.
Allan Pearson went 2-1 on day two at 174 lbs to get fifth place. Reser was 0-3 and grabbed a sixth-place spot.
Pearson’s final win was a back-and-forth affair against Jordan Gundrum of Upper Iowa University. He scored a 9-6 decision to advance to the fourth place match. By rule, Pearson had to place fifth after Lukas Poloncic of Augustana had defeated him in their first match of regionals.
Reser’s first and second loss came by decision to Seth Elwood of Minnesota State-Mankato and Qiante Wagner of Mckendree. In the fifth-place match, Reser fell short to MIAA foe Austin Stofer of Lindenwood via a major division 13-3.

Jennies bowling places second at UCM-LU invite

Jennies bowling went 8-2 at the UCM-LU invite in traditional-only format over the weekend and placed second overall.
The Jennies only losses came at the hand of the top-ranked Nebraska Cornhuskers.Both matches were close until the end where the Cornhuskers held off the Jennies.
Individually, Mackenzie Saulnier lead the way for UCM on day two with a 191.1 game average to place sixth. Teammates Katey Furze, Paytynn  Kuhns, and Jacqueline Garcia-Ulloa placed eighth, ninth, and 10th, respectively.
The Jennies totaled 9,087 pins over the two days to earn their second-place finish. Nebraska finished first place as they held on to win the title with 10,188 total pins and a 10-0 record.
The Jennies return to action this weekend, March 1-3, at the Nebraska Big Red Invitational.

UCMTF wins three medals at day two of championships

Central Missouri track and field enjoyed another successful day at the MIAA Championship over the weekend.
After day one of competition, the Mules were in third place with 26 points through five events, and the Jennies were in fourth with 26.25 points after seven events.
The Mules were able to obtain two medals in weight throws and jumps.
Nathan Liby took second place in throws after his personal best throw of 65-4. Also achieving a new personal record. Jace Kaleikau threw a 63-2.75, placing fourth.
The Jennies also were able to manage silver in the throwing event after a personal best throw by Amy Dorge.
Jesse Miller earned a medal in the triple jump after he jumped to a third-place finish with his leap of 49-7.75. Christopher Goodwin also was able to earn points for the team and placed sixth with his jump of 48-10.
It was a good day for Jennies in the 60m hurdles preliminaries. Alliah McClendon guaranteed her spot in the final round of the top-eight as she turned in an NCAA provisional qualifying time of 8.64 for fourth place.
The Mules and Jennies look to continue through the NCAA indoor championship on Mar. 9-10 in Pittsburg, Kansas.