WMMC foundation received $1,000 from Warrensburg Schools Foundation

From left to right are Darinda Reberry, WMMC CEO; Tara Carlyle, System Director of Communications & Development; Dr. Scott Patrick, Superintendent for Warrensburg R-VI School District; Judy Long, Executive Director of Warrensburg Schools Foundation; Bob Lotspeich, Chair for Warrensburg Schools Foundation; Tonya Patrick, WMMC Foundation Board member and Annual Support Committee member; and Carmen Schick, WMMC Foundation Board member and Chair for the Annual Support Committee.

The Western Missouri Medical Center Foundation received a $1,000 check from the Warrensburg Schools Foundation Nassif fund to support the fundraising effort for TXTAboutIt, a tool to help address the need for mental health resources in the Johnson County region, according to a press release from WMMC.
“The Foundation’s Board of Directors recognized the importance of implementing something like this in our community. When we learned about the TXTAboutIt program, there was no question about whether or not to support it, and it was voted unanimously to make this donation,” said Judy Long, executive director for the Warrensburg Schools Foundation.
The WMMC Foundation’s Annual Support committee agreed to raise money for the initial $20,000 startup costs for the TXTAboutIt program, according to the press release.
The TXTAboutIt program is a secure, anonymous communication service that helps people in the community with a crisis such as bullying, suicide, depression, domestic violence and more using texting or a computer. This gives those in need a confidential platform to find help by sending an anonymous text to link them to a mental health professional in our area, according to the press release.
“When the Western Missouri Medical Center Foundation’s Annual Support Committee was approached about potentially raising funds for the startup fees of TXTAboutIt, they agreed without hesitation. The Foundation has had a significant amount of community support for this project. The need is here in Johnson County and this project will provide another way to reach our community,” said Tara Carlyle, WMMC System Director of Communications & Development.
TXTAboutIt is on schedule to be implemented in the Johnson County region this year. Donations are currently being accepted. For more information about the WMMC Foundation, contact Tara Carlyle, system director, at 660- 262-7467 or [email protected].