Ambrose to host higher education panel on KMOS-TV’s “Inside Education” premier

(WARRENSBURG, Mo.) – UCM President Chuck Ambrose will be hosting the first episode of “Inside Education” at 4 p.m. Thursday. The episode will consist of a panel of presidents and chancellors at the largest institutions in Missouri discussing issues in higher education.
This first episode will include a panel consisting of Kimberly Beatty, the chancellor of Metropolitan Community College; Mun Choi, the president of the University of Missouri System; Zora Mulligan, the Missouri Commissioner of Higher Education; Clif Smart, the president of Missouri State University; and Dwaun Warmack, the president of Harris-Stowe State University.
“It’s a tremendous honor to be able to interact with this outstanding group of Missouri education leaders,” Ambrose said. “Higher education faces many challenges, but they are nothing compared to the opportunities our colleges and universities provide. This program will examine the state of Missouri’s higher education and what we must do to ensure institutions remain a strong value proposition for creating engaged citizen-leaders and talent for economic competitiveness that strengthens the state where we live.”
“Inside Education” is a quarterly one-hour news program. Each episode will hold a panel and discussion of issues. The first episode will focus on the importance of higher education to Missourians, access and affordability, the impact of federal tax legislation on public colleges and universities, and what the future looks like for these institutions.
“It’s exciting to be able to collaborate with President Ambrose for the first program in our ‘Inside Education’ series,” said Josh Tomlinson, director of Broadcasting Services at UCM. “Public broadcasting is part of Missouri’s educational fabric, and we look forward to sharing this informative program with our 800,000 viewers in 38 counties.”
The program will air on the university television station, KMOS-TV at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 16, and 9 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 21.
Updated Jan. 11: Due to inclement weather, the recording will be rescheduled, when announced and the program has been recorded, the new dates of airing established will be updated.
Updated Feb. 6: The “Inside Education” premiere episode has been rescheduled to record Feb. 19. The episode will air at 7 p.m. Thursday, Fe. 22; 9 a.m Sunday, Feb. 25 and again 8 p.m. Monday, Feb. 26, according to a UCM press release.