UCM Provost top candidate for presidency at Indiana State University

UCM provost-chief learning officer, Deborah Curtis, is being recommended to be appointed as the president of Indiana State University. A final decision will be made next week at a meeting of the ISU Board of Trustees.
Curtis was recommended for the presidency after a search that consisted of more than 70 candidates according to a news release sent out by Jeff Murphy, assistant director of media relations.
Curtis’ job at UCM includes overseeing academic programs and support services – the university’s academic colleges, the library extended studies, as well as enrollment management, information technology and student affairs.
ISU is Curtis’ alma mater, where she received her Ph.D in curriculum and instruction from the university. She said she’s excited to start her work there.
“My husband and I are just delighted with this opportunity to become part of the Indiana State University community,” Curtis said.
UCM President Chuck Ambrose said he is grateful for the work Curtis has done for the university.
“While I will miss Dr. Curtis on a personal and professional level, as I know you will for all she has brought to UCM, we celebrate her well-deserved appointment, knowing that ISU has made an excellent decision with regard to its top leader,” he said in an email to UCM employees.
Ambrose also said Curtis is a strong leader and played a big part in the growth of the university.
“We thank Dr. Curtis for her contributions to UCM’s faculty, staff and students, and wish her well on her new position, and know ISU will now have the benefit of her commitment and leadership in a way that will ensure her alma mater’s continued success,” Ambrose said.
ISU Board of Trustees President David Campbell said the trustees will vote to confirm Curtis’ position at 1 p.m. Nov. 15 in the State Room of Tirey Hall.
“I am very pleased to announce my intention to recommend the appointment of Deborah Curtis as our next president. Dr. Curtis brings a breadth of experience from her roles at Central Missouri and Illinois State, and I am confident she will build upon the tremendous success that has been achieved in the past 10 years and advance Indiana State to even greater heights,” Campbell said.