Sports Updates: Vol. 112 Issue 7

Jennies soccer once again sweeps MIAA awards
For the second week in a row, the Jennies claimed all three MIAA soccer honors. Ana Dilkes was named Goalkeeper of the Week for the fifth time this season, Kalya Hamner earned Defensive Player of the Week for the second week in a row, and Jada Scott earned co-offensive player of the week.
Over the course of the weekend Scott totaled two goals and an assist. She scored and had assists against the Nebraska Kearny Lopers on Friday and added an additional goal against the Fort Hays State Tigers on Sunday. Scott has a total of five goals and four assists so far this season.
Hamner played a key role in Jennies’ defense that posted another pair of shut out victories, brining their shut out total for the year to 10. This marks the most consecutive shut outs in program history and ties the MIAA record for consecutive shutouts. Hamner also aided the team offensively with two assists in their game against the Lopers.
Ana Dilkes broke her own UCM record for consecutive shut outs after notching her 10th against Fort Hays State. She totaled four saves over the weekend, two in each of the Jennies’ contests. Dilkes currently leads Division II in shutouts, goals against average, and save percentage.
The Jennies look to extend their shut out record as they host the Central Oklahoma Bronchos at 7 p.m. Oct. 6.
Jennies Volleyball Sweeps Emporia
 The Jennies defeat the Lady Hornets in just three sets on Saturday. Ally Offerdahl picked up her fifth double-double of the season with 34 assists and 12 digs. Aubree Bell had a team-best 12 kills and Audrey Fisher totaled 10 kills. Kylie Hohlen led the team with 23 digs. The Jennies landed six services aces against the Hornets.
Jennies Volleyball will begin a four-game road trip with a match against the Southwest Baptist Bearcats at 7 p.m. Oct. 7.