Royal Blush Transformation "Nama Slays" at UCM, promotes drag show

Students witnessed an event known as “The Transformation” where a drag queen performer displayed the makeup process for performing in a Drag Show Wednesday in the union. The event consisted of questions and discussion with other drag queens and the audience. The host and other performers also explained what they do to get ready for a show as far as body padding, “the tuck” and much more.
The Drag queens were there to answer questions like “ what is the difference between a cross-dresser and a drag queen?” one audience member asked.
The Queens also explained the struggles and highlights of performing – like looking and feeling great on stage, or not performing the best and feeling embarrassed, one Drag Queen said.
This was a great opportunity for students to get to know the queens that will be performing at Thursday’s show and inform many students on the Drag Queen lifestyle and community.
The Royal Blush red carpet introduction to the show starts at 6 p.m. with the 5th annual Royal Blush Show at 7 p.m. in Hendricks Hall. Both events are free of charge.
Reed said the show will consist of seven drag queen performances and one drag king including singing, lip syncing, and dance routines. Boris Tudeth, the show’s drag king, a female who dresses as a “Russian pimp,” he said. UCM’s acapella group The Rainbow Tones will be opening the show. There will also be a new host, Dirty Dorothy, who is a performer in the show, acting as a child who dresses in drag.
“If there are any new things happening in the show, as always, you’d have to be there to find out!” Reed said.