Sports Update VOL. 112 ISSUE 6

The Mules and Jennies athletics combined for seven MIAA awards this week. Volleyball and football each brought home an honor, while soccer and golf swept every award for their respective sports.
Ally Offerdahl wins her first ever MIAA honor
Ally Offerdahl was named MIAA Specialist of the Week following her performances against Northwest Missouri and Missouri Western. She accumulated 48 assists and four digs against the Bearcats and recorded her fourth double-double of the season after totaling 40 assists and 10 digs against the Griffons. Offerdahl currently leads the MIAA with 11.23 assists per set.
Austin Miller is named MIAA Defensive Player of the Week
Austin Miller was awarded MIAA Defensive Player of the Week for his walk-off touchdown that capped off the thrilling finish to the Mules and Hornets game. The Mules trailed the Hornets by six with just 12 seconds remaining in the game when Kolesen Crane recovered an incomplete lateral pass. Crane returned the fumble nearly the length of field before lateralling to avoid being tackled. The lateral hit the ground and Miller recovered the lateral for the game-winning touchdown.
Soccer clinches all three MIAA awards
Baylie Edwards was named Offensive Player of the Week, Kayla Hamner won Defensive player of the Week, and Ana Dilkes earned MIAA Goalkeeper of the Week.
Edwards totaled three goals and an assist over the weekend. She scored a goal against Missouri Western and had two goals and assist against Northwest Missouri.
Hamner served as a member of a Jennies defense that secured its eight straight shut out victory this season. She also scored against Missouri Western.
Dilkes once again posted back-to-back shut outs this weekend to notch her 51st career shut out. She became just the second goalkeeper in Division II history to post 50 shut outs. She had five saves against Missouri Western and four against Northwest Missouri. Dilkes has yet to give up a goal through the first eight games of the season.
UCM golf sweeps MIAA awards
Shayne Allan was awarded Golfer of the Week for men and Elizabeth Leath earned Golfer of the Week for women.
Allan tied for fifth place at JR Watkins Invite in Wionna, Minnesota. He finished with a score of 145, one-over par. His nine birdies were the most by any golfer in the tournament.
Elizabeth Leath took second place among individuals at the MIAA Fall Preview with a score of 142, two-under par. She finished just one stroke behind top-placing Alex Trask from William Jewell. Her score is the lowest score for 36 holes in Jennies history.