Mules golf examine depth at the Mule Invitational

Shayne Allan hits his ball from the bunker in Wednesday’s Mule Invitational at the Mule National Golf Course.

The Mules “A” and “B” teams both finished in the top-ten in the team’s season opener at the Mules National Golf Club on Wednesday.
The tournament consisted of 20 teams, three of which belonged to UCM. The Mules entered an “A”, “B”, and “C” team in the contest, which allowed the team a rare occasion of seeing nearly its entire roster in competition at the same time.
Golf’s “B” team placed the highest of the three teams, landing in sixth place tie with Missouri Southern State after shooting 883, 43-over par. The team consisted of Sam Parrot, JD Peterson, John Bonaobra and Matt Hoeman.
The “A” team of Shayne Allen, Ian Barnes, Kayden Macha, Cole Dilon, and Brett Windsor finished marginally behind the “B” team in eighth place after shooting just one more stroke over par with a score of 884.
Josh Haunty, Carter Tumminia, Taylor Woods and Eric Pahls made up the Mule’s “C” team. They placed 19th in the tournament with a score 930 90-over par.
Not only did the “B” squad play the best of three UCM teams, they also had the top preforming individual Mule. Parrott placed fifth among the 103 individual competitors at two-over par.
Allan finished just two strokes behind Parrott and tied for sixth place, JD Pederson and Ian Barnes tied for 29th place after shooting 12-over par, and Bonaobra finished in 39th at 14-over par.
The Mules next tournament will take place at the Muskogee Country Club in Muskogee, Oklahoma as the Mules take part in the NSU Men’s Golf Classic on Sept 18 and 19.